What’s Capsule Collection all about?
It’s an official store where you can buy a Capsule Wardrobe, or it’s pieces, that I think rocks. I made it myself so that I could have one, cause I loved all these clothes (obviously). Then I thought, hey, why not share it and inspire and educate women everywhere to have a more simple, easy, happy wardrobe.
Why Capsule? What is Capsule?
It’s small. After reading Marie Condo’s The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up. The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing, followed by the Minimalist Documentary, I decided I wanted to be a minimalist. My wardrobe has always been massive. Full of clothes with their tags still on and never worn.
- Capsule Collection is all about a less is more lifestyle. A linen-look capsule wardrobe that is not seasonal, but annual.
- It’s about helping mums like me get dressed not stressed.
- It’s about taking you from a wardrobe of overwhelm and never wear to a wardrobe you LOVE and THRASH all day, all night and all year.
- It’s about a cool, comfortable, carefree and minimalist wardrobe.
Closet with a Conscience
The world consumes around 80 billion new pieces of clothing each year – five times the number two decades ago. And women only wear about 20% of their wardrobe.
Capsule Collection is all about sustainability. I find all natural cotton and linen clothing made ethically in Europe and China, including safe working conditions, fair wages and no child labour.
I believe in quality not quantity and finding happiness, fun, comfort and movement in a simple wardrobe with quality pieces that you wear ALL THE TIME. Rather than buying a new outfit for every dinner date, occasion and holiday that once bought sit in your wardrobe unworn.
Because Capsule Collection’s pieces take you from the kids to the café, from school to the supermarket your wardrobe is far more versatile. It’s not casual, its not dressy, it’s perfectly in-between and you can rock it anytime, anywhere. Well, that’s what I do anyway!
I product test each item of clothing before I include it in the collection. I ensure it fulfils the values of Capsule Collection:
- Sustainable: Cotton and linen are both biodegradable fabrics which is important when the world consumes around 80 billion new pieces of clothing and throws away 80% of that each year.
- Fair Trade: everyone in the supply chain is paid a fair wage, has safe working conditions and no child labour.
- Cruelty Free/Vegan: I endeavour to find clothes made with no animal products.
- Cool, Comfortable & Carefree: I value freedom, movement, dance, play, babywearing and breastfeeding which makes clothes that have elastic waistbands, pockets, easy to wear, easy to feed in, easy to play in, easy to be a mum in very important to me
- Mix n Match: As a capsule wardrobe, of course everything must go with everything else in the collection so you don’t have to think about what you’re wearing today, you just have to grab and go.
- Wash n Wear: I value time, so these clothes have been tested to just throw it in the washing machine (if you have a front loader with a gentle cycle!) and hang it out to dry. No ironing required.
After I have tested the collection, all pieces are shipped directly from the makers so I am unable to do a final quality check on each individual item before it is sent. If you feel one of my pieces is out of character please get in touch with me as soon as possible.
It’s a nice change from Activewear
I think one of the reasons everyone is in their activewear is because it is just so comfy and easy to move! Capsule Collection offers you more comfort, more style and more options!
All prices shown are New Zealand Dollars. If you’re in America that’s good news! Everything is cheaper for you!
I currently only ship to New Zealand, Australia and United States. If you live outside of those countries please email me as it is likely I can ship to you too!
Delivery usually takes about 2-4 weeks. US orders are shipped by e-packet, which is a US Postal Service product. After processing and leaving the warehouse, items usually take between 7 and 14 days to arrive at their destination but can take longer from time to time.
I am really sorry as I only accept returns for faulty/broken products. I have included sizes with measurements on all the product pages, plus you can usually find photos of me wearing these clothes on my instagram account (@supernatural.steph). All of these clothes are loose fitting with elastic waistbands. I’d say they typically range from size 8-14, but everyone and everysize is different. Get your tape measure out (do you even have one?!) and check the measurements. See a further note on sizing below.
If it ends up not fitting, or for some reason you dont like it, please re-gift it! It will brighten someones day. Make it a new mum who needs some comfy kid proof pants!
Honestly, you’ll love everything I’ve got here. Else it wouldnt be on here.
If your product is faulty/broken it is industry standard that the customer ship the item back to me for a refund at their own expense. Again sorry! This is harsh isnt it! I’m not being mean, just realistic. It has never happened before, to give you some confidence here!
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
Please email me for the address to send returns (at your own expense).
Once your return is received and inspected I’ll send you an email to notify you that I’ve received it and approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Any shipping costs are non-refundable.
A lot of the clothes are ‘one size’ which we know isn’t really true. Each item will have its own set of measurements on the page so check them to make sure things will fit. Most pieces are baggy and comfy awesomeness, so you should be right.
To give you a point of reference for the photos on Instagram that I am in, I am typically a size 8-10. But I usually buy on the larger size as I like baggy comfort. I am 165cm tall and around 55kg’s.
The pants all have elastic waistbands which makes for a variety of sizes and none of the tops are tight fitting or cut under the armpits or anything like that. Again, for some reference the Linen Dress Shirt looks great on a Size 8, a Size 12 and a 30 weeks pregnant 🙂
My order never arrived
Ah shit. It’s probably just taking ages. Remember orders take between 2 and 4 weeks. Check your order confirmation email for the tracking number. If that doesn’t work, send me an email and I’ll help you out.
How do I look after my linen?
5 Tips To Take Care Of Your Linen:
- Ideally cold hand wash… but… if you’re a busy mum that’s not going to happen right! You can machine wash separately, always with lukewarm or cold water and choose a short and gentle cycle. Ideally in a front loader washing machine.
- Use mild soap without bleach or brighteners.
- Do not put it in your dryer. Dry by lying flat in the shade. I chuck mine over the couch on a towel sometimes.
- If you’re not into wrinkles, use a warm iron. Personally, I don’t own an iron.
- Whatever you do, do not bleach, soak, rub or tumble dry. Or take to the dry cleaners.
Still need help?
More than happy to help. Send me an email and I’ll get back to you.